Quick Start Guide
1) Extract the main directory, let's say JS2GO.XXXXXX, included using 7-Zip and extract it to the ROOT of any logical partition or HD available, let's say E:\JS2GO.XXXXXX or F:JS2GO.XXXXXX... or, if no 'data only' drive or partition available, to C:\JS2GO.XXXXXX. Note that to use the system drive or partition may need to set 'Administrator Rights' giving 'full control' to user 'everyone' to the main directory C:\JS2GO.XXXXXX on some MS Windows 7 or 8 systems to be able to install extensions or to use some components like AkeebaBackup within your Joomla! Project. Recommended to use the root of any other logical data partition or hard disk to around the mentioned potential Windows 8, 7 & Vista requirement in some particular systems.
2) You may wish to rename the main directory as you wish but always with as much short name as possible and without blanks (on this guide, renamed E:\JS2GO.XXXXXX to E:\MyJoomla)
3) After extraction, you will see inside the new main directory, let's say E:\MyJoomla a single joomlas2go.exe file as follows:
- joomlas2go.exe: This file is the one you must run to start-up the servers and the preset Firefox Portable 'SpeedDial' browser window as your Desktop Development Environment with all your Joomla! Projects mapped in.
4) To shutdown the server or to access the UwAMP server GUI, close the browser window first and right-click on the new Light-Blue U icon located at the system tray, located close to the Windows clock at the down-right side of your screen and left-click on 'Stop Server‘ before to exit the UwAMP GUI.
Most common asked questions
How can I access to my desired Joomla! Project frontpage?
Recommended to use the built-in 'Speed Dial‘ to open the frontend of your desided Joomla! Project but you may load it going to: http:/ /127.0.0.1:4001/joomla**/
How can I access to the Joomla! Administrator back end area?
Recommended to use the built-in 'Speed Dial‘ to open the frontend of your desided Joomla! Project but you may load it going to: http://127.0.0.1:4001/joomla**/administrator/ and login, by default, with username: admin and password: demo
How can I access to PhPMyAdmin?
To manage your DB's recommended to use the built-in 'Speed Dial' desktop ‘dial’ but you may load it going to http://127.0.0.1:4001/mysql/ and login with username: root and password: root
Where are my Joomla! files located?
Your Joomla! files are, by default, located at: \joomlas2go\www\joomla**\
Where are the MySQL DB tables located?
Your MySQL DB's are, by default, located at: \joomlas2go\bin\database\mysql-x.x.x\data\
Are there specific rules or directives to take into consideration when installing a fresh Joomla! Project?
Yes! Just keep in mind the following configuration.php settings for j25 & j3x:
- To grand access to MySQL when installing Joomla!:
public $dbtype = 'mysqli';
public $host = '127.0.0.1:7188';
public $user = 'root';
public $password = 'root';
public $db = 'xxxxx25db';
public $dbprefix = 'pr3f1x_';
- Fixing external '/logs' and '/tmp' folders will allow you copy or duplicate your main Joomlas2Go! folder, let's say C:\ MyJoomla to E:\MyProject01, without losing the their absolute paths . Don't worry about them, those hidden folders are being deleted and recreated automatically at every joomlas2go.exe run:
public $log_path = 'C:\\_Js2GoTMP/logs';
public $tmp_path = 'C:\\_Js2GoTMP/tmp';